Pretty in Ink | insanity reigns
Mandi is a jane of some kick ass trades that created Pretty in Ink LLC. This is a passionate business encompassing, permanent cosmetics, photography, and screen printing apparel.
614, alopecia, Columbus, eyebrows, hair, make up, natural, Ohio, permanent cosmetics, pretty in ink, prettyinink, Rendezvous Salon, skin, trichotillomania,eyebrows,hair, micropigmentation,natural,permanent makeup,summer, tattoo, apparel, etsy, fashion, female, handmade, heavily tattooed,heavily tattooed, iphone photo, joico, make up, photography, photoshop, pictureshow, piercings, pravana hair color,retoucher, retouching, skin retouching, special effects, strobes, studio lighting, stylized photography, winter ←→ →
633
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-633,single-format-standard,qode-core-1.1,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,brick child-child-ver-1.0.0,brick-ver-1.11, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,fade_push_text_right,paspartu_enabled,transparent_content,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7,vc_responsive

insanity reigns

Just a shot from today.  Unedited.  It’s not the final vision, but it was an very pleasing capture. Special thank you to Cathy Green, Jes Lahr, Christa Fields, & Nicky Cleary.

16 Comments
  • Cathy Green

i love the motion you captured in this long exposure process

October 4, 2010 at 8:34 pm
    • Mandi

Thanks Cathy. To extend an exposure time for 30 seconds, if variables are controlled properly can have wonderful affects.

October 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm
  • Cathy Green

i love the motion you captured in this long exposure process

October 4, 2010 at 8:34 pm
    • Mandi

October 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm
  • Tiescha

Thank you for posting. Even without edits this has confirmed my expectations. Amazing and Refreshing. It’s always a pleasure to see exceptional talent in motion.

October 4, 2010 at 9:09 pm
    • Mandi

Why thank you Tiescha. I hope to bring more to the table in my coming years as an emerging photographer, and I’m so glad your along for the ride!

October 15, 2010 at 1:54 pm
  • Tiescha

October 4, 2010 at 9:09 pm
    • Mandi

October 15, 2010 at 1:54 pm
  • Nicky

Love the long exposure, and the lighting is superb. Another amazing shot, I can barely believe this is unedited.

October 5, 2010 at 6:37 am
    • Mandi

So glad you like it Nicky! The inspiration you provided for me to create, well, I hope I just did it justice 😉 I always try to shoot for the shot, I pride myself on it. Editing is the last thing I wanna do really.

October 15, 2010 at 1:52 pm
  • Nicky

October 5, 2010 at 6:37 am
    • Mandi

October 15, 2010 at 1:52 pm
  • Ohhhhh.
    Snap.

So.
    Rad.

It reminds me of the movie “Kiss the Girls” w/Morgan Freeman.

That feeling of being confined to a straight jacket of sorts AND
    being locked away in what looks like a foreign prison (assuming
    this from the dirt floors) is a unsettling thought. And then having
    beautiful sunlight pouring in like that under the door is just the
    icing on the cake.

Beautiful work.
    Your range amazes me daily (thinking of the shots that look like
    they came from an American Apparel advertisement, family portraiture, fashion, etc.) and then work like this.

Good on you madam!

October 13, 2010 at 8:57 am
    • Mandi

Hahaha!! Soooo “Kiss the Girls”!

I really enjoy it when the viewer picks up on the details I implement into my work. Thank you for really looking, appreciating and encouraging me all these years~CHEERS!

October 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm
  • Ohhhhh.
    Snap.

So.
    Rad.

It reminds me of the movie “Kiss the Girls” w/Morgan Freeman.

That feeling of being confined to a straight jacket of sorts AND
    being locked away in what looks like a foreign prison (assuming
    this from the dirt floors) is a unsettling thought. And then having
    beautiful sunlight pouring in like that under the door is just the
    icing on the cake.

Beautiful work.
    Your range amazes me daily (thinking of the shots that look like

Good on you madam!

October 13, 2010 at 8:57 am
    • Mandi

Hahaha!! Soooo “Kiss the Girls”!

October 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm